Save’N Up Debit Card
Spending Money Makes Saving Easy
Save’N Up is an Ncredible savings program that lets you save money every time you spend money using your Navigator debit card! Once you’re enrolled in the Save’N Up program, Navigator will automatically round-up each debit card purchase to the next dollar.
No matter how you choose to use your Navigator Credit Union debit card—to buy lunch, gas, coffee, groceries, or just about anything you want—your purchase will be automatically rounded-up. With every transaction you complete, the difference between your purchase total and the nearest whole dollar amount will be transferred from your checking account to your high-interest Save’N Up account.
The more you use your debit card to make everyday purchases, the more you’ll save. And because we’re committed to helping you increase your savings, Navigator will match up to $300 each year with a 100% match the first month for all signature transactions made by e-Statement users!
Calculate Your Savings
See how it works! Play the Save’N Up game!
With every transaction, the difference between the purchase total and the nearest whole dollar amount will be transferred from your checking account to a high-interest Save’N Up account in one lump sum at the end of each business day that the transaction was posted. The round-up amount will be calculated on all signature and PIN transactions. (Note: Credits and adjustments do not qualify for round-up or credit union match.)
Two ways to Save
Sign up for Navigator’s convenient and secure e-Statements, and we’ll pay you an extra bonus! We’ll match 100% of your round-ups on purchases made during your first 30 days in the Save’N Up program. After that, we’ll still match a generous 10% of all your round-ups.*
Signature Transactions Provide Increased Savings:
- Daily round-up will be made at the end of each day for signature and pin transactions
- 100% match will be paid to members enrolled in e-Statements for funds accumulated in the first thirty (30) days
- 10% match will be paid after the first 30 days, up to $300 per year
- Quarterly match will be credited to the Save’N Up account at the end of each quarter based on the accumulated round-up contributions
PIN Transactions Provide Daily Round Up:
- Daily round-up will be made at the end of each day for PIN transactions
Note: Although PIN transactions will be included in this program and the daily round-ups will occur, Navigator will not match funds on these transactions. In order to receive the match, you must be enrolled in e-Statements and use your debit card as a signature based transaction (in credit mode). The Navigator Match will only be for signature transactions. Match will be paid on eligible funds each quarter.
How it Works:
- When you enroll in the Save’N Up Debit Card Savings Program, Navigator Credit Union will round-up the amount of any debit card purchases associated with your checking account to the next whole dollar amount, and transfer the amount in excess of the purchase amount from your checking account to your Save’N Up account.
- Navigator will aggregate the rounded-up amounts from purchases that post to your checking account each business day and make a single transfer (“daily round-up transfer”) at the end of the business day. If, on a business day you do not have sufficient available funds in your checking account, or if any transaction has overdrawn your checking account, we will not round up purchases posted on that business day and will cancel the daily round-up transfer for that day.
- If your debit card purchase is subsequently cancelled or reversed, such as a returned purchase, the corresponding daily round-up transfer will remain in the Save’N Up savings account. Credit transactions or adjustment transactions will not be rounded-up.
- If you close your Save’N Up savings account before the Navigator match amount is posted to the account, you will not receive the Navigator match for that calendar quarter.
How Purchases Will Appear on Your Statement
Purchases will appear as usual, with a line item for the exact amount of each purchase. Each day a purchase posts to your account, your round-ups will be totaled and debited from your account as one daily transaction at the end of the day.
It’s important that you develop your own method for recording these transactions in your checkbook. This will help you keep your checkbook balanced, and help you avoid overdrawing your account.
Rates & Requirements:
- The dividend rate and annual percentage yield (“APY”) may change every dividend period. We may change the dividend rate for your account as determined by the credit union Board of Directors.
- Dividends will be compounded every month. Dividends will be credited to your account every month.
- The applicable dividend rate is paid on the entire balance in your account.
- There are no minimum balance requirements to open or maintain this savings account.
Characteristics of Save’N Up Accounts:
- Rates are determined by the Board just as other savings accounts are.
- Save’N Up cannot be used as overdraft protection.
- As an encouragement to first-time savers, this account pays a premium rate which means that no deposits other than round-up transfers and match amounts will be allowed.
- Save’N Up is intended to encourage members to save the deposited funds so no ATM/debit card access is available.
- Transfers from Save’N Up via ’N Touch Audio/Web or over-the-counter are allowed.
- Check withdrawals via ’N Touch Audio/Web and over-the-counter are allowed. Note: The $5.00 Excessive Withdrawal Fee will apply.
- No ACH debits or credits can be made to or from the Save’N Up account.
A daily transfer will not occur in any of the following situations. Partial amounts will not be transferred.
- A negative balance already exists
- The transfer will create a negative balance
- The amount of the daily transfer is not available (i.e. on hold)
Start Saving Today
To enroll in the Save’N Up program, stop by any Navigator Credit Union location or give us a call at 228-475-7300 or 1-800-344-3281 to learn more.
Save’N Up Match is reportable on IRS Form 1099. The annual match limit is $300. Other reasonable restrictions may apply.
Navigator reserves the right to cancel or modify the Save’N Up Debit Card Savings Program at any time.